Are you coming down to The Black Olive but aren't sure which of our cuisines is more tempting? Is traditional Greek cuisine a foreign concept to you entirely?
This article will help you decide whether or not you want to join us for lunch or dinner, and maybe even what to order when you get here. We have everything from fresh seafood to vegetarian Greek cuisine.
Why Should I Come to Dinner?
• Food with flair: While lunch can be a casual affair, dinner at The Black Olive is always an event. You'll be talking about the dishes you had for weeks to come. Our main courses are always served with the chef's choice of side dish, that way you'll always be surprised, with a lot to discuss at the table.
• Mezzethes and mezze tis pareas: At dinner, we serve both mezzethes, meaning small plate dishes, and mezze tis pareas, meaning plates to share with friends. Our mezze tis pareas dishes for you and your friends include a one-pound serving of shrimp and an equally massive serving of scallops. Our mezzethes dishes include everything from our chef’s tartare of the day to our grilled sardines in grape leaves (and these you don't have to share!)
• Great for groups: With our dinner time mezze tis pareas, we make it easy for you and your party to share plenty of dishes. That way you'll get to try everything you want without breaking the bank.
• The vegetarian moussaka: While we do offer vegetarian Greek cuisine for lunch, our meat-free moussaka is to die for. With its amazing bechamel sauce, and fresh potato, eggplant, and zucchini, there's no way you'll let your friends have a bite!
• So much variety: We serve just about every Greek meal we can fit in our kitchen when it comes to dinner. This includes Taramasalata, Melitzanasalata (Greek version), Octopus salad, and Kakavia. You'll want to keep coming back so you can try them all!
What Makes Our Lunch Special?
With seating for lunch available Monday to Friday, from 11:45am–2:30pm, The Black Olive is a great spot to stop for anything from a quick bite to a relaxed, satisfying meal.
Our lunches are divided into 3 courses, with each complimenting the last.
• More low-key: We don't really do "low-key", but if you want a quick, relaxing bite to eat, heading to The Black Olive is a great way to treat yourself. Whether you're coming here by yourself, with a date, for an interview, or with a group of friends, you can't go wrong with our lunch.
• The dessert: At lunchtime, we serve traditional Greeks desserts. Try our baklava or our Greek yogurt with walnuts and honey (or we hope you'll try both if you're up for it!). Our desserts are a delicious and satisfying way to finish your meal.
• Greek village pie: That's right, another vegetarian option! Our village pie is a spanakopita, filled with fresh ingredients such as red swiss chard and sheep's milk cheeses. Spiced to perfection, you won't soon forget this dish.
• A gluten-free crab cake: We want to accommodate all of our guests, no matter their dietary restrictions or preferences. Our crab cake is both delicious and completely gluten-free.
• Maryland's best salads: Our salads are definitely the star of the show when it comes to lunch. We serve a Greek village salad with tomato, feta, and our namesake, Kalamata black olives, as well as an avocado Greek salad, and a grilled octopus salad. If you're not in the mood for a salad, we also serve a diver sea scallop duo.
Whether it be for lunch or dinner, we hope you'll join us for a little taste of Greece, right here in Baltimore, Maryland.